Monday, November 26, 2012

Mooch Away!

I wanted to give an update on my feelings about Bookmooch. After about a month of use, I cannot say how thrilled I am about this site.

My initial reaction was that there were no books to be found and that it was a waste of my time. That's because I'm an instant gratification type person, I want what I want, now. After I slowed myself down a little bit, took my own advice and added almost 200 books to my "wishlist", things got rolling. Currently, I have sent out 16 books all over the nation and I have received three with six more on the way. It's kind of like a hide and seek adventure! Some of these titles include:

  1. Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
  2. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
  3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Meade
  4. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
  5. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
  6. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer
  7. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson 
Basically, what I have come to find is that if you are vigilant and quick, you are not just limited to old books no one has ever heard of. I feel like everyone using this site has a passion for books and it gives you a good community feel. I have only had one book come to me that was in questionable condition, i.e. its spine was heavily creased and cover was tarnished, but for the most part, every book has been in great shape and would be easy to put back on this site after I read it. 

The main reason I love this site so much is because every book I get mailed to me, I pay for by mailing a book to someone else. The shipping cost for USPS Media Mail is typically $2.47. So not only am I getting the satisfaction of giving out a book that I enjoyed, I'm getting another one to replace it at a bargain price! I would encourage anyone who loves to read but hates the sticker shock that comes along with buying books to check this site out, it's beyond fabulous. 

I hope that everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving and that this finds you in good holiday spirits! Happy Cyber Monday! Until next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment