Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Week in Photos: Weeks 4 and 5

As everyone knows, January is a time for making... and breaking resolutions. I can say that yes, I too am one of those people that have done both this year. I will have more on that in a post tomorrow, but there's one mantra I like to stick to: Progress not Perfection, right? Carrying on:

 Sunday 1/20: In an attempt to spend more quality time together, Ryan and I have been doing Sunday day dates. We decided, since it wasn't raining, to head down to Cannon Beach and visit Ecola State Park. It was a first for me in all the years I've been going to Cannon Beach. It was a beautiful setting on Indian Beach where this picture was taken.
Sunday 1/20: To depict how foggy it was, I had Ryan stand at the overlook of the Seal Rocks. It literally was a white wall with very limited visibility of the beach below.

Sunday 1/20: I told Ryan that this outing was literally the most "outdoorsy" either of us had been in the entirety of our relationship. I can't say either of us are really nature folk. We probably spent in total an hour at the state park, followed by two hours of watching the NFL Playoff Games at one of my favorite Cannon Beach haunts, the Warren House.


Monday 1/21: What a day. This was our opening day at KLEAN Treatment Center (which I partially blame for my lost resolutions). We went to work at 7:00 AM and didn't arrive back home until 8:30 PM. Since we are a "business casual" work environment, we had to bust out the iron. Peanut was the first to offer us any help, that wonderful girl.
 Thursday 1/24: A throwback Thursday picture, Marley and Ryan being sleepy heads. Whenever I get out of bed in the morning, boy cat is right there to take my warm place, if he's not already under the covers already that is.
 Friday 1/25: Because Ryan and I are now workaholics, we decided to hook up the printer we have at the house. The cats weren't as fond of this idea. Anything new (that makes funny noises) strikes an element of suspicion and fear into the cats behavior. Like they say, curiosity killed the cat.
Tuesday 1/29: I'm a Pinterest addict. I love arts and crafts. So naturally when Valentines Day rolls around, I take out all the stops. Last year I bought a heart punch and this year I was printing out paper crafts galore, thus the homemade envelope and the heart confetti. Now I just can't wait to send the homemade love!
 Tuesday 1/29: I have yet to meet a person who does not like a good mustache. Or at least a faux mustache. It's one of those things that everyone is loving right now and I have finally come around. I thought it would be an awesome arts and crafts activity to make mustaches, thus how I wound up with pink templates. They're so festive!
Wednesday 1/30: I will say, the clients LOVED this idea! Ryan managed to snag this sweet V for Vendetta 'stache off of one of our more creative clients. He currently has this hanging up in his office for all of those "business meetings" he hosts.

Friday 2/1: We've been having some really poopy weather lately. I mean it's January on the Oregon coast, what more can you expect? But the last few days have been gorgeous and we managed to catch this sunset on the way up to Ryan's dad's house for a Friday night fiesta!







Saturday 2/2: We had been planning for weeks to take our co-worker Vern on a Portland Ikea adventure. He'd never gone before, and I'll never pass up the opportunity to buy some cheap Swedish tchotchkes. This was the moments preceding Vern's life being changed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment