Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Week in Photos: Week 2

 Sunday 1/13: After what seems like months of rain, we finally have caught a break here on the coast. For the last week it's been wonderful having the sun back around! This is a shot from Beards Cove in Washington on our way to Ryan's dad's house for the unfortunate Seahawks game.
 Monday 1/14: Our handsome boy Marley has a strange issue regarding his whiskers. I'm not sure if they're extra long or if they bother him, but whenever he turns his head he makes a face very similar to this one.
 Tuesday 1/15: In the long wintery months in Astoria, it's rare to catch many trees or bushes that still have green, with the one exception of the ivy in our yard. Our mailbox happily sticks out of this friendly reminder that spring is not so far away.
 Wednesday 1/16: When I was living in Portland, I had to drive the Sunset Highway home every day in rush hour traffic, hating life. Cars backed up, horrible rain, near death experiences. Living in the small town of Astoria is often frustrating in it's own way, lack of cultural experiences, small town mentality and most major shopping being two hours away. But it's on days like these that the natural beauty on our drive home makes all of the little sacrifices worth it.
 Thursday 1/17: SE Portland is such a quirky place that I haven't had much time to explore. This picture was taken when Ryan and I went to catch up with his cousin JD after moving home from Las Vegas. This funky graffiti was on the side of a fence right outside JD's door.
 Friday 1/18: On Friday evening, Ryan and I drove up to Olympia for a celebration of my mother's birthday. We went to a childhood favorite, Dirty Dave's. Not much has changed here and that's just the way I like it. I remember this machine from when I was younger, I had every birthday from the age of 3 to 7 at this joint! It was wonderful going back- the pizza was as wonderful as I remember it!
Saturday 1/19: Saturday was officially my mom's birthday and it was a wonderful time staying at her house and having breakfast with her the next morning. She was off to the beach with one of her dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment