Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Week in Photos: Week 1

Sunday 1/6: Ryan and I have been living in our little house for about 5 months now and ever since we moved in, the gas fireplace hasn't worked. Last week when we woke up and the temperature inside was equal to that of the outside, it was time to get into action. Now that we have a properly heated home, we are all so much happier, even the little kitties.
 Monday 1/7: Yes, I know, it was the worst National Championship game ever. Yes, I know, as an Oregon Duck fan or any BCS team for that matter, I should hate the consistently over ranked Notre Dame. And I did and mostly do, but I have a soft spot for a woman, Karen, I was in treatment with who was an alumni and faculty member, and who loved her Irish football. This hat was a memento from her before she went back to Indiana. Play like a champion today!
 Tuesday: During a work out one night, I looked over and saw Peanut resting her pretty little head on my Big Book. I couldn't help but snap a pic of this moment.
 Wednesday: A lava lamp is not at all my thing. Not my style of decor, not something I would ever ask for, or anything I would ever think to ask for. But for some reason, I did get this for Christmas and I have to say we really like it! The first thing Ryan does every night when we get home from work is turn this guy on and we both find ourselves staring off in space at it from time to time.
Friday: In my pursuit to live a healthier life, I have been adding more fruit and low fat foods to my diet. It's hard sometimes when I think I'm a carb addict. But baby steps, right? I am in love love LOVE with Greek God's yogurt (the vanilla honey blend), and I literally lick the bowl after every serving. I think I have to give it up though, nothing that good can actually be good for you, and I was right in that assumption. Now I'm on to Nancy's Plain, blech.
Saturday: Friday night we were supposed to drive up to Portland for a friends birthday party/poker event, but the roads have been pretty icy and even a little snowy so we took caution and canceled. Saturday we woke early checked the roads and headed out. We took our friends Amanda and James out to brunch at a wonderful place on SE Stark called The Country Cat. It was a wonderful time catching up with great food!

No comments:

Post a Comment