Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Week in Photos: Week 12

It was a strange week in photos, I  realized I hadn't taken a single picture on Thursday, so I hustled up and made sure to be looking outside my normal photo-taking box. Damn you March Madness for overtaking my life! Here goes:

Thursday 3/21: After watching the Pac-12 tournament and hearing all the controversy over Oregon getting a 12-seed, I knew I had to get the guys at the treatment center amped up about March Madness. There is nothing more exciting and fun than the tournament and we're always trying to introduce bits of sober fun into the newly recovering persons life. On Monday I handed out blank brackets and told the guys and one of the ladies to have them back to me by Thursday at 9:15. All week I was fielding question on team stats, records and the tournament history. Excitement was building all week!


Thursday 3/21: One of our favorite places in Astoria is the Columbian Theater. It's not an unheard of concept, it's a theater with couches, a bar and pizza, kind of like the Living Room Theaters in Portland. The balcony has been converted into all couches making it a very lovely and comfortable place to watch a flick, not to mention it's only $4 a person with cheap eats! We decided to double date with a couple to see Lincoln which we had held off on seeing in the regular theaters to see here! It was a lovely night.





Friday 3/22: A few years ago for Christmas, my grandma made me a knit throw that was amazing. We still have it but it's looking a little haggard due to numerous washings and two lovely kitty cats. Somehow the word got along to my grandma that we needed a new one. My mother delivered this gem to us last weekend when she was down visiting. This throw is no different than the last, Marley couldn't wait to get his little kitty paws into it!





Saturday 3/23: With the weather starting to improve, Ryan has been itching to get on his bike. This weekend has been a very lazy weekend for me, so I opted out of going to the speaker meeting at the facility which gave Ryan the opportunity to ride solo for the first time this season. He was out there shining up his bike all afternoon and I was able to snap this pic right before he took off. He looks like my own version of Son's of Anarchy Jax Teller. Swoon.






Saturday 3/23: Having spent the afternoon and evening at home, I was able to watch basketball until my heart was content. After watching a wonderful Oregon win, I watched my bracket implode thanks to Gonzaga. I had them going all the way unfortunately and as you can see Marley is as upset about the situation as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment