Monday, April 1, 2013

A Week in Photos: Week 13

This last week was an amazing, short work week! Ryan and I decided that going to Chelan for the Easter weekend would be a relaxing way to take our first mini-vacay since KLEAN's opening in January. We took Friday off and made the 7 hour drive on Thursday night. Only two of the pictures this week are from before we left for Eastern Washington.

Sunday 3/24: The spring cleaning bug has bit me. I have been looking through all of the things we own right now and thinking what I can sell, donate or toss. These three words run through my head like a mantra whenever I'm in my house. I've been tossing around the idea of selling my old Homecoming and Prom dresses for a while, they take up a lot of space and I'll never have a place to wear them. So naturally, I had to try all three of them on while taking pictures to put on Craigslist. It was a nice little moment in time where I got to feel super girly and pretty, Ryan loved it too!



Wednesday 3/27: It's been a weekly tradition for me and Ryan to go with our Executive Director, Milt and Program Director, Leetha to The Depot's Wednesday burger night for about two months now. The Depot is this charming little restaurant in Seaview, Washington where an old train station was converted to an eatery. It has the best food on the peninsula, in my opinion, but it comes at a hefty price. During the winter months, their slow season, they suspend their regular menu on Wednesday nights and offer a more affordable alternative, burgers, to allow for the community to enjoy this wonderful place. Each burger is specialized to your preference, a checklist of toppings is provided and you build your own burger. My personal favorite: Buffalo meat with tomatoes, avocado, blue cheese, bacon and jalapeƱos, hold the bun. This is a tradition both Ryan and I have come to absolutely love.

Thursday 3/28: After a 7 hour drive up to Chelan, my boy was tired and a little grumpy. Since we worked a full workday and then tackled this drive, all he wanted to do was hop into a comfy bed. Since Dian was still in Seattle with Dan, she gave us the go ahead to catch some zzz's in her extremely luxurious king sized bed. I mean really, you SINK into this bed and it embraces you. Paired with the blackout blinds and flat screen TV, there really is no need to leave. I just love this picture of my little king looking all comfortable and disgruntled. He's so handsome even when he's upset.



Friday 3/29: All week I had been watching the weather predictions for Astoria, and all week people had been saying it was going to be the most glorious day ever on Saturday. What tickled me so much about the situation was that it was going to be the exact same temperature in West Hollywood where our other KLEAN location is. I have WeHo saved on my phone in order to taunt myself and kick myself for not moving down there! Their average temp is more inline with what I want to live in down the road. Someday!




Friday 3/29: With waking up early on the weekdays, my body doesn't always stay shut down even on the weekends. Thankfully though, this time I had something awesome to look at. There is something about being in Chelan that just calms my soul. Ever since I lived there for a summer in high school, it's been such a peaceful place for me to return to. With getting up at 6:30, I was able to catch the sun rising over the lake around 7:00. It was amazing.





Friday 3/29: Before leaving work on Thursday, we received the coins for all of our graduating clients. Ryan played a major role in designing these and they turned out really well. The detailing the company did as well as the 3D effect and the weight of the coins make it look really classy and something for the clients to really look forward to getting.






Saturday 3/30:  Something I love most about doing when I get to Chelan after a long period of being gone is checking out the little boutiques and seeing what's new. Ryan never likes walking around town for fear of who he will run into and the small talk he will be forced to have (I have the same fears when returning to Olympia). I convinced Dian to take a walk around town with me, she was happy to "act like a tourist". So in keeping with acting like tourists, I had to get my picture taken when the town bear statue. Any time I look on Facebook or pictures of Chelan on Instagram during the summer, I always see late night drunken escapades with the bear. I thought it was high time I get mine!

Sunday 3/31: As it is with most book addicts, I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to purchase any more novels until I have read at least 10 of the books I already own. And like other addicts, I lied to myself and relapsed. After having finished the third in the Vampire Academy series, I needed to read the next book. There is a book store in Chelan and I told myself it was probably not a good place for me to go into. Alas, I did. I told myself I probably shouldn't buy any books, but of course when I walked in there, I was overwhelmed by the joy bookstores bring me. I walked upstairs to the Young Adult section and started looking for Richelle Mead books. The only book they had in the series was obviously the next book I need to read. So obviously I bought it. I wonder if there is a Book Buyers Anonymous. I'm Erin and I am a book addict. 

No comments:

Post a Comment