Monday, April 22, 2013

A Week in Photos: Weeks 15 & 16

I've been in a slump y'all. A picture taking slump and an emotional slump as of late, but I think I'm now on the other side of that. This is going to be an abbreviated two weeks, I think I only have about six photos total. No worries though, I have some big events happening this week, so hopefully I'll be able to step my game up!

Sunday 4/7: Sunday's are the days Ryan and I set aside for each other each week. One day where it's just us, which usually means Pig and Pancake and wandering around Astoria running errands. This Sunday, we made a little trip to Goodwill so I could look at books, and he managed to find these cute little buggers. It was quite the score, they were brand new from Urban Outfitters (the tags were even still on the bottom) and we snagged each for a dollar! I mustache you a question...
Monday 4/8: I introduce you all to the Jesus bus. This strange sight was at Fred Meyer when we were doing errands on Sunday and it was causing quite the scene. We saw it again when we were headed to work on Monday morning, parked on the Washington side of the Astoria bridge. Upon further investigation, I found out that the Jesus bus has been traveling all across the US for the last two years spreading the word of God. What ever floats your boat!

Thursday 4/11: My friend Jen had asked me a while back to help her and another lady of AA out doing some volunteer work at an event called The Lady Liberty Luncheon. It was the first time I have had the opportunity to check out the Liberty Theater. It was amazingly beautiful. This is a photo of the stage and chandelier in the main part of the house.
Thursday 4/11: Again, this is a picture of the Liberty Theater in Astoria, OR. This chandelier hangs from the ballroom where the event I was volunteering at was being held. The architecture and features of this building are amazing considering it's in the small town of Astoria. Color me impressed.


Friday 4/12: I don't know where the Instagram version of this photo went on my phone, but this is a picture of the event I was at. The Daily Astorian, the local paper in town, was also in attendance and snapped this picture that made the front page!! It was the first time I've ever made the front page of any newspaper, it was a pretty exciting day in the life of Erin!

Sunday 4/14: Ryan and I along with our good friends Vern and Jen went down for a night in Eugene. It's only the second time I've been back since moving away in 2010, and it's still as good as I remember it. Vern and I have been talking for a long time about doing something like this so we could do an eating tour of Eugene. For those who haven't been down in this part of the world, I swear this town has the most wonderful restaurants I've ever been to. Of course for breakfast we had to go to the campus classic, Glenwood. Usually there is a 20 minute wait or longer, but we were able to sneak right in! Best. Food. Ever.
Thursday 4/18: Luckily for us, we have a wonderful woman on staff who has her license to cut hair. About once every other week, she volunteers to cut the hair of our clients. Not only does it clean up their looks a little bit, but it makes them feel a lot more confident in their early sobriety. I've had Gina cut my hair before and this time it was Ryan's turn to get his locks lopped. Trying to look fresh for our trip to Florida!!
Saturday 4/20: After a short trip to Portland where I was looking for clothes to wear to Florida, the only thing I was able to find was this fedora. I have officially joined the ranks of "that girl", but after years of not having one, I thought it was about time. I need to shade my pretty little face from the sun anyway when I'm laying out poolside!
Sunday 4/21: In preparation for our upcoming trip to Orlando, I thought it was appropriate to have a Harry Potter marathon. One of my main goals while there is to get myself to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Ever since I first heard about this theme park opening, it's been on my bucket list to get myself there. Dreams do come true!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment