Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Little Bit of Beauty

Okay friends, I am by no means a "beauty guru". I barely know the difference between a BB Cream and bronzer, but I picked up an interesting tip the other day via YouTube that I really wanted to share.

I'm a frugal kind of gal when it comes to certain things. Makeup? Yes. Well, let me explain that a bit. I can't buy drugstore makeup. I don't trust it, and I would rather invest in something I'm going be using on a daily basis. Maybe I'm putting some strong limitations on myself by thinking this way, but I get overwhelmed by all of the options. I would rather go to a product counter where there are two/three options max, and have the sales person tell me what's going to work for me and fork out a few extra bucks than spend a lot of time and money going through product after product from a drugstore. When I spend money on something, I know it's going to be good because it has a higher price tag and name brand label (not always true and somewhat flawed logic, I'm sure). 

So here's where the frugal part comes in: I like to make that makeup last as long as godly possible. I don't want to be running out every month spending hard earned cash on makeup. I'd rather spend it on books! This tip came right at the right moment though. I've been loving my Mac Liquid Eyeliner in Boot Black, but its running out! Living in Astoria has many disadvantages including that I can't run down to my neighborhood Nordies and pick up another. I had to find a way to make this last until payday, so the tip I picked up is that you can drop 2-3 drops of saline based eyedrops into your makeup (be it liquid eyeliner or mascara) and it will extend the product's life by at least a week, sometimes two. This is exactly the amount of time I needed! So on Monday, I added three drops, and this has been working out WONDERFULLY so far!! There's no change to the pigmentation of the product, it glides on as smooth as it did when I first got it and it lasts just as long through out the day. 

I'm not sure why it has to be saline based, or if you could drop any other kind of eye drop in there, but below is a picture of what I used. By no means am I saying this is going to work for everyone, but it has been working for me without flaw!


The video I watch contains a lot of other frugal-lady tips, so check that out here! Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment