Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Text Talk: Week 2

After finishing the third book in the Vampire Academy series, I couldn't help myself but buy the next book when I saw it sitting on a shelf in Chelan. I couldn't have physically restrained myself even if I had really wanted to. I had really wanted to read more than one book this week, but on Saturday when I finished Shadow Kiss (4 out of 5 stars), I started trying to read two of the books I had brought on vacation with me to no avail. What I brought: The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (book two of the Percy Jackson and the Olympian's Series) and The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. Neither of these struck me. I started reading The Sea of Monsters, but for some reason it seemed very juvenile and not at all what I was looking for.

So on Saturday evening when Dian and I went and explored town, I picked up Blood Promise by Richelle Mead.


From what I have read from the women I follow on Goodreads, this was supposed to be very slow and uneventful for the first 400 pages. I really like it so far though. There's a lot of backstory and character building in a new setting than any of the other books. New characters are introduced which help to broaden the story (one of the characters has a companion series after Vampire Academy called Bloodlines). This is seriously such an addicting series, I can't put it down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment