Monday, June 17, 2013

Week in Photos: Week 24

What a great week Ryan and I have had! Between doing an early birthday celebration with his family in Chelan and Father's Day, I've got some fabulous photos to share!

Saturday, June 8th: I have been waiting to read the book Let the Right One In for a long time now. It's an adult horror/vampire novel written by a Swedish author. I've heard that it was the next best adult vampire book since Dracula. So far so good. The best thing that happened though was Peanut meeting this book. One night as I was doing some casual reading and YouTubing, I look over and Peanut is biting the vampire book. So ironic. I just had to snap a pic.
Tuesday, June 11th: A while back, I discovered a recipe for a pasta dish Ryan fondly refers to as "God Pasta". It doesn't have any meat in it, so I was totally blown away when Ryan absolutely loved it. He's the kind of guy that says if dinner doesn't have some kind of meat product, it's not worth eating. It's been a long time since I've cooked at home- Ryan and I now just eat at the treatment facility for every meal, so this was a special event. With it being a special event, I found occasion for busting out this little kitties when measuring out the olive oil. I got these as a stocking stuffer from Ryan's mom Dian and I think they are so adorable! Makes the whole dinner process so much happier!

Thursday, June 13th: We've been having some really glorious weather in the Long Beach/Astoria area lately. On Thursday, as a parting gift before a three day weekend for myself and Ryan, I took the ladies of KLEAN on a beach walk. I couldn't have asked for a sunnier day! On the way back, I even got to stop and pick some wild beach strawberries, so delicious!
Friday, June 14th: As one of Ryan's birthday week requests, he wanted me to come to Bear Mountain with him while he golfed. This is a fabulous course in Chelan that originally started as a private course (ranging from about $150-250 a round) which since has opened its doors to the public. He's golfed it a few times before and I have been absent on all of those occasions. So he made an 8:30 AM tee time, I got myself some coffee and off we went! It was a breathtaking course with views of the lake and entire city.
Friday, June 14th: I was clearly very engaged with what Ryan was doing on the course. The butterflies totally had my entire attention. There were a few occasions when Ryan hit some really amazing shots that I didn't see at all because I was otherwise engaged. Poor man.
Saturday, June 15th: It had been a number of years since I last ventured up to Blueberry Hills in Mason, WA. Ryan and I were here back in the summer of 2009, right after I graduated college. This time was an entirely different experience, the views and smells were stunning. The whole place is surrounded by lavender which for me is a favorite.
Saturday, June 15th: One of the best things about Blueberry Hills is that they have you-pick berries during the spring and summer months. Typically people only go there for blueberries, thus the name, but they weren't quite ready yet, so therefore, we got strawberries instead! Even though Ryan grew up in Chelan, he had never picked fresh berries before! It was a delightful treat for us to chomp on some fresh strawberries and get a chance to get out in the sunshine!
Saturday, June 15th: Every year, I try to top my birthday presents from the previous year. I love giving gifts. I love giving thoughtful gifts actually. Something I know the person is going to truly love. So for Ryan this year, I had my eye on some concert tickets, City and Colour to be exact. Ryan loves Dallas Green so I knew this would be the perfect gift. Only problem was that Dallas wasn't coming to Seattle or Portland. The closest venues to us were Oakland or Vegas. I threw both ideas around in my head and finally settled on asking Ryan's mom if she would pay for us to fly down to San Francisco and stay there with them on their annual California trip... and she went for it! So in October of this year, we will be having a wonderful time in the Bay Area all thanks to Ryan for having a birthday!

Sunday, June 16th: Not only did I get to see my dad on Father's Day, but my oldest kitty Gina. We've had her for almost as long as I can remember. She's this wonderful little six toed kitty that has somehow managed to defy all odds and become the last standing Briggs kitty. I wanted to take a snapshot of her to have just in case something were to happen to her- she is almost 17 after all! I'm a cat person through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment