Friday, August 2, 2013

Rental Rendezvous

Welcome to day 2 of BEDA! As I said in a previous post, I wanted to post pictures of the new place. Today is the day! Now, forewarning, it's a jumble of boxes and things yet to be put away. We have two or three rooms that look somewhat habitable, but other than that, it's chaos and destruction. It's very interesting going from about 11-1200 square feet to 800, if Ryan and I don't kill each other by the end of this, it will be a miracle. Much organization is to be done, I'll tour you through space by space and let you know my grand vision for each! Buckle up friends, here we go:

Outside, Patio:


To Do:
- Bird feeders outside the widows for the kitties to watch the pretties
- Get a better outside table, sell white wrought iron set
- Globe lights for the awning

Outside, carport/shed:
To Do:
- Put a firepit/seating area out behind the fence panel 
- Organize the shed with moving boxes, tools and things we don't need on a regular basis
- Move Ryan's motorcycle from the old rental to the carport of the new rental

Living Room: 

To Do:
- Add some bookshelves for my 10,000 unread books
- Get some artwork to hang above the couch
- Replace the chest we are using as a coffee table 
- Get a lamp to light the dark side of the room
- Get a shelf for the reading nook (?) and get artwork above reading chair

Kitchen/Dining Room:


To Do:
- Organize, get rid of the boxes (obviously)
- Get some greenery to grow on the deep window sills 
- Stool cushions

Bedroom: 


To Do:
- Move second dresser into bedroom 
- Get larger picture to cover the electrical box
- Picture to balance out the window on the left side of the room
- Get Ryan a night light on his nightstand
- Move mirror into closet

Bedroom Closet:

To Do: 
- Get a shoe rack 
- Hooks to hang all my scarves on 
- Larger mirror above Ryan's dresser 

Bathroom: 

To Do: 
- Get nautical shower curtain like this one
- Artwork above the toilet
- Something to put my straightener in 
















Office: 

To Do: 
- Go through and organize all box content
- Bookshelves like these (in white)
- Configure room, thinking floating table (in the middle of the room) with the chair facing the entry way
- Sell dresser that's up against the right hand side of the room
- Artwork to balance window on left side of the room
- Table lamp 









I know that this is a little bit of an odd way to do a new home tour, but I'm excited for the before and after pictures. Obviously having a rental isn't the same as having our own home like we were going for, but I want to make the best of this situation and stockpile some awesome furniture and decor to take into our own house once we find it. I couldn't take good enough photos from my iPhone to show the bay views we have from the house (I got to watch the fog roll across the bay tonight!) but once I bring home my big girl camera from work, I'll produce those. There's something very cozy about the house we found, it's a fun little bungalow in the woods and I've had some amazing sleep over the past few nights. I'll update with pictures as we purchase some new stuff!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment