Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Curly Craze

For the majority of my life I have been waging battle on my curly unruly locks. I have abused, dyed and fried my hair so many times. There was a point in time when I actually had a permanent professional straightening job which literally burned off a section of my hair in the back of my head. Humph.

I'm Erin, and I'm a recovering straightening addict.

I think with age, I have come to accept and even embrace my natural hair, I have not dyed it now in over three years and I no longer straighten or curl it on a daily basis. I'm still trying to figure out the right combination of products to use that will give it the optimal look, and my friends, I am coming closer.

A few days ago I posted about a Kiehl's product I had just purchased which I was going to do a review for once I got a feel for it. Well, it's a couple of days later and I absolutely love it.


It's the first time ever I feel like a product has lived up to the advertising or the hype around it. When you read "smoothing" "straightening" "moisturizing" etc etc, it's (in my opinion) usually BS. This time, I'm actually a true believer. I had a co-worker today tell me that I was having a good hair day (she's a hair dresser on the side and knows what "good hair" is) on second day hair. I've even had Ryan tell me my hair looks fantastic since using this product and he is literally the least observant/helpful boyfriend ever when it comes to make up/fashion/hair. I'll often ask, "Hey Ryan, which color looks better" if I'm out shopping and his standard response is "I don't know." ...(We won't even start down that rabbit hole)

So, what is so great about this product you might ask? Well, it actually defrizzes my hair. Like something good is happening with the combination of Argan Oil, Cocoa Butter and Sesame Oil. My curls stick together better and I don't look like a christmas tree at the end of the day (think triangle). My hair is so smooth and manageable I can't even really believe it myself.

So where is the catch you're asking. Well, in my personal opinion, I've definitely smelled many better things in my life. This stuff has a very natural scent, and by that I mean it smells like Hippies. The dirty sort. I think it's the Eucalyptus in it. It's an overpowering scent that I try to cover up immediately after my shower. Also, the shampoo doesn't lather all that much, which I have come to find is my bailiwick. I get annoyed if I have to really work the product into my scalp, or if I have to use a lot of product.

But would that dissuade me from not buying this product again? Never. I have found my miracle device. With a price tag of $35 for the set, I find it not to be too bank account unfriendly (reminder: this is all relative. This set doesn't seem too crazy since the last set I purchased was $68 total.)

I haven't tried this product out on my straight hair yet, so that will be interesting to see if my opinions are the same. I don't know how many curly haired mavens I have reading my blog, but I'm planning on doing a curly hair routine here in the future. But for now, I'm grateful for Argan Oil, it's a life saver!!

No comments:

Post a Comment