Saturday, August 3, 2013

Summer Splurge

Whoody whoooo it's day three of BEDA, and I about shat my pants earlier today thinking I had forgotten to write yesterday. I was labeling myself an epic failure for not even completing two days of this 31 day challenge, but alas, I did write, and I am not YET a failure! Success.

Anyway, as you all might have caught in a previous post, I just got a raise recently. My first ever in my whole life. It's a pretty big deal. Before this raise, I was doing alright, meaning my bills were paid, I had food in my belly and I still had an iPhone in my pretty little hand, but I didn't have cash for much else, like saving, or in today's case, spending :) :) :)! So to treat myself with my first full raised paycheck, my momma came down from Olympia and we did some serious Portland damage.

Going into this trip, I had a few things in mind to get, mainly shoes and an outfit for an upcoming wedding I will be attending at the end of this month. Here's what I ended up getting! (I apologize in advance for the poorly lit, overly woody pictures- I worked with what I had.)

First stop today was NW 23rd, a wonderful area of Portland filled with a nice mixture of box stores and one of a kind boutiques. I've always had luck here, today being no exception. I found this gem at a consignment-like store called Crossroads Trading Co. where I always find the latest fashions at the cheapest prices. What I loved about this little nautical themed ditty was everything, and it was only $8.50. I think the phrase is, one man's trash is another man's come-up. I can picture this sweet roped tank with some red skinnies and my boaters. I'm on a boat bitch.

Next on NW 23rd, I scored this Kiehl's shampoo and conditioner combo. It's been a little bit since I've bought new product, I've been stooping to using Ryan's Treseme- oh the horror!! I was browsing around the interwebs one day and came across a video that was touting this set as some of the best for frizzy, dry, curly hair (I have all of the above), so I thought I would give it a whirl. It's called the Superbly Smoothing Argan set- I will post some updates as I have some prolonged use!! I will also take a moment to mention that they have some pretty spot on customer service in Kiehl's, the man who rang me up offered me all the samples I could take (I got the BB Creme!)
I'm not completely sure if I've mentioned this product before, I think I did when I was showing how to get real ghetto with it to try to drag out the product's life as long as possible. Anyway, I love this stuff. I mean, I have been dreaming about getting this liquid eyeliner back in my life. I kept putting it off until I could make a trip to Portland, but that was like four months ago. I have decided from here until forever that I am not a pencil eyeliner girl. I hate it. I mean really, I have this Smashbox eye pencil that I've been attempting to use for over 3 months now and I look like a 4 year old child that has gotten into mother's makeup. A goon. So anyway, I'm back to the Mac Liquid Eyeliner in Boot Black and I am here to stay.
Next it was on to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I about died when I saw this sweater. Anything with animals, I love. If this would have been a kitty cat, I probably would have loved it a little bit too much. But regardless, I just had to have this. It was marked down from $68 to $35. Boom. That's a steal of a deal.

Also from Nordstrom, I got this little peach to wear to the aforementioned wedding. Now, I was originally shooting for a cute little dress, but this is equally as amazing. It's a circle skirt by the brand Hinge that was $88 and I got it for $68. Typically I wouldn't go for anything that is poofy (being a girl and being all subconscious about weight and all) but this thing is a dream. It fits and flares in all of the right places and can be dressed up or dressed down depending on the occasion (work or play). I cannot wait to wear this later this month.

I don't know how they do it, but the little sassy minx that was helping me to my dressing room just happened to slip this tank top in along with a white one I had picked out for myself. I don't know that I even registered this color when I was looking at the spectrum on the rack, but I'm sure glad she got it to me by hook or by crook. You can't tell in this photo, but it is the most perfect coral/reddish delightful color you've ever seen. And it's just devine with my skin tone.
And finally, I got the most perfect white button down ever. From JCrew, my soul store. I told my mother today, if I could only shop at one store ever again, I woud choose JCrew (minus their pants, other than the Pixie pants). I initially wanted to venture in to check out their new Minnie pant (which like I said in the previous sentence looked like bulls*hit on me), but those didn't work out so I started the wander. Where I look and touch everything and want one of each. I've tried this shirt on before, but it was the beginning of summer (when I actually thought Astoria was going to have a summer- silly me) and I couldn't justify it. But now that it's fall at the Oregon Coast, this baby is all mine. It's going to look so perfect under sweaters (like the deer) or alone (tucked into the circle skirt) that I didn't even bat an eye at the $72 price tag. Well worth it my friends.


Well that's all for tonight! I'm going to go bask in the glow of my new clothes for a little while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment