Monday, July 9, 2012

FURminators! Mount up!

This marks an exciting day in the Briggs/Peterson household. As I showed you in this post, we have two wonderful cats that we adore. I swear, I'm like a first time parent taking pictures of them at every turn. Ryan and I talk to Marley and Peanut as if they are real people, and not a day goes by without one of us screaming to the other, "Come quick!!! Look what ______ cat is doing!". Seriously.

But even the most loving parents can get irritated some times. For example (well, really my only example) I'm a neat freak, a trait that Peanut and Marley don't much care for in me. They are two literal walking, shedding balls of fur. The color black or blue, or anything dark for that matter really isn't an option anymore without strenuous lint rolling. Since our big move about two weeks ago, I have been sweeping our wood floors every day, maybe even twice a day. And our bed? I don't want to even talk about what happens when I shake out our duvet. So though I love the fluff balls, I can't stand their fur (I admitted to Ryan that sometimes to get back at them I discard my shedd-ed hair on them as payback. They mysteriously don't seem to mind as much as I do...)

Enter the FURminator:


Marley getting acquainted with his new worst enemy.
It's like the Terminator for fur. Or, as the tagline on the back of the package says, "Because your cat's hair looks better in the trash than on your couch". True. Ryan read a ton of reviews on Amazon, it has something like 4.5 stars out of 5. We've been anxiously awaiting its arrival, picture us telling the cats (in a very deep movie trailer voice), "You're going to get... FURminated!" So today when it came in the mail, I held it up like I was Lady Liberty and it, my torch. 

Normally, I'm not much of a shameless product promoter, but this thing is a dream! Basically the angled brush works to remove the undercoat of dead hair which produces results like this:

It's like a tumbleweed!

That, my friends, was about 5 minutes worth of work. That's like the size of Peanuts head!! This is a day of freedom. Freedom from hair, freedom from brooms and freedom from endless lint rolling! I'm adding this one to the win column (and buying one for everyone in my and Ryan's family, Merry Christmas). Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment